We need your suppor to continue serving our community in 2015.
As 2014 comes to a close SW Trails can look back on many successes:
- Conducting volunteer led, monthly walks around SW Portland
- Hosting trail building and maintenance work parties to build new trails and repair trails the 40 + miles of SW Trails covering all of SW Portland.
- Encouraging city government to put extended shoulders on SW Stevenson, SW Hamilton
- Working with city staff to select designers for Red Electric Trail bridge to start Jan 15
- Cleared brush and replanted adjacent to Wilson High School trail
- Supported neighborhood trail building efforts
- Began responding to city draft trail policies to make sure citizens can build trails without filing a snowstorm of paperwork and other busywork
- Secured funding for SWTrails to construct a Safe Routes to School route from the new
- Crossing at Stephens Creek to Robert Gray School, a 2015 project.
- Assured a pedestrian pathway was built when a new storm sewer was installed on SW 21st.
- Worked with people interested in organizing a similar organization in other parts of Portland
- Staffed booths at 2 health fairs, Multnomah Days, SW Sunday Parkways and Hillsdale Farmers Market to spread the word about our work and the volunteer oportunities we provide.
- Attempted to keep our readers updated on projects affecting SW Portland like the SW Corridor Study, Transportation System Plan, Comprehensive Plan and the projects in the Street Fee List.
These successes are due to your support for which we thank you. In order to continue making SW Portland safer and more convenient for pedestrians and bicyclists I hope you will consider renewing your $10 membership for 2015, making a donation or becoming a sponsor. This can be done on-line at swtrails.org and then clicking on the submenu SW Trails. If you prefer to renew or donate by check made out to SW Trails it can be sent to:
Don Baack, President SW Trails
6495 SW Burlingame Place
Portland, OR 97239