List by Trail for SW Investment in the SW Urban Trail System planning 2-27 -2014
This list focuses on the SW Urban Trail Network and does not include the many needed new connections and improvements to existing connections throughout SW Portland. Another list with many of those improvements will be forthcoming in the near future.
4T Trail from the Willamette River:
Realign Trail 1 route to begin at Waterfront Trail at base of the Tram, use the Hooley Bridge to get Naito.
- New crossing of Naito at SW Whitaker with HAWK signal.
- New signage from east end of Hooley Bridge to Terwilliger Blvd. (Improvements from the Hooley Bridge to OHSU are also listed in the Trail 1 improvements.)
- Repair trail from Barbur to Terwilliger by replacing 10 steps, replacing brick walkway with 120 feet of concrete sidewalk, installing handrail on 200 feet of stairs, and installing lighting from Barbur to Terwilliger.
- From OHSU, new sidewalk from SW 11th to Marquam Hill Road, extended shoulder with no parking on the north side of Marquam Hill Road from Gibbs to Fairmont, this will also serve as a climbing bicycle lane. (also serves Trail 1).
- Extended shoulder with no parking posted east side of Fairmount Blvd from Marquam Hill Road to 4T Trail to Council Crest (also serves Trail 1, 6).
- Sidewalk to be built on SW Talbot from SW Fairmount to SW Patton
- Zebra striping on crossings of SW Greenway, SW Fairmount and SW Sherwood Drive and SW Marquam Hill Road at the 40 mile loop crossing
- Realign Trail 1 route to begin at Waterfront Trail at base of the Tram, use the Hooley Bridge to get Naito (also serves 4T above).
- New crossing of Naito at SW Whitaker with HAWK signal (also serves 4T above)
- New signage from east end of Hooley Bridge to Terwilliger Blvd (also serves 4T above)
- Repair trail from Barbur to Terwilliger by replacing 10 steps, replacing walkway with 120 feet of concrete sidewalk, install handrail on 200 feet of stairs, and installing lighting from Barbur to Terwilliger (also serves 4T above).
- From OHSU, new sidewalk from SW 11th to Marquam Hill Road, extended shoulder with no parking on the north side of Marquam Hill Road from Gibbs to Fairmont, this will also serve as a climbing bicycle lane (also serve 4T above).
- Extended shoulder with no parking on SW Dosch from Dosch Park Lane to SW Mitchell
- Add trail through Albert Kelly Park
- Extended shoulder with no parking on SW Hamilton from 53rd to Scholls Ferry Road.
- Rebuild stairs under I5 bridge (should be done by fall 2014 by ODOT).
- Zebra crossing of Terwilliger at Nebraska (will also serve Red Electric).
- Remove walking barriers on school district property on east side of drive between Wilson and Rieke
- Reroute and sign Trail through Gabriel Park to be continuous
- Zebra crossing, already approved, of SW 45th west of Gabriel Park for trail leading up through Multnomah Presbyterian Church property
- Easement and new trail in Presbyterian Church property (easement in process), improve existing trail
- Zebra crossing of Maplewood Road at SW 48th
- Reroute trail from 60th west along SW Miles Court to Olesen (Red Electric Trail Connection) to Fanno Creek Trail at Garden Home Rec Center.
- Zebra striping of crossings of on ramps to SW Taylors Ferry Road near Macadam
- Handrail on stairs from Canby to Canby at SW 10th. Rebuild stairs
- Build sidewalks on west side of SW Capitol Hill Road from SW Moss to SW Troy.
- Gain agreement from Lewis and Clark for route through their property to Palatine Hill Road, Ask County to adopt trail alignment along Radcliff and Riverview.
- SW Riverside and connection to Boones Ferry Road/ Terwilliger.
- Build new pedestrian and Bike Bridge over I5 and Barbur from near Markham School to SW 52nd reroute trail 5 there.
- Build a sidewalk along south side of Taylors Ferry Road from Capitol Hwy to SW 48th. Build Asphalt trail connection on ROW from end of 52nd to Ash Creek Natural Area.
- Rebuild connection to SW5x from SW 53rd to control water and improve trail surface.
- Relocate trail from Dickinson to Huddleston, 62nd Drive, and 64th Drive, and through BES property to county line where it will run on streets to Metsger Park; or another feasible route.
- Take legal action to require condos to build the trail specified in their original building permit from Cable to Montgomery, build trail and steps to Montgomery, obtain easement to build trail from Montgomery up to SW 18th and SW Jackson, build trail.
- Install extended shoulders with no parking or sidewalk on SW Montgomery from SW Vista to about SW 15th. This will be trail until the Jackson connection is built.
- Install zebra crossing of SW Broadway at SW Gerald, Sidewalk along east/south of SW Broadway from Gerald to SW Sherwood Drive.
- Clarify legal issues on dedicated right of way from Fairmount to Hessler, build trail.
- Extended Shoulder with no parking or sidewalk on SW Cheltenham Ct from SW Westwood Drive to SW Cheltenham Drive
- Sidewalk along SW Dewitt south side from Cheltenham Ct to Library.
- Trail 6 is also the Hillsdale to Lake Oswego Regional Pedestrian Trail from SW Sunset in Hillsdale to the Willamette Greenway Trail in Lake Oswego.
- On school property, between Wilson and Rieke, remove center stakes on walkway as planned for neighborhood greenway. (Same as Trail 3)
- On Capitol Hill Road, build sidewalk from SW 17th to SW 19th.
- Pave pathway on all of SW 19th from Capitol Hill Road to Moss, set no parking signs where there is not room for trail and parking.
- Pave pathway on SW 19th from Dolph to Taylor’s Ferry Road mark for no parking as necessary.
- Sidewalk on Taylor’s Ferry Road from 19th to SW 18th Place
- Sidewalk on SW 18th Place from Taylor’s Ferry Road to the entrance to Marshall Park and SW Collins Ct. to connect to the Folley Balmer Nat Area Trail.
- Build (responsibility of Oregon State Parks) a new trail on Oregon State Parks and Metro lands connecting to a new underpass culvert/bridge of SW Boone’s Ferry Road along Tryon Creek, currently being designed by BES.
- Build new sidewalk on Boone’s Ferry Road from new underpass to the entrance to Tryon Creek State Park to the south. (part of the Boone’s Ferry Road Culvert/Bridge project.)
- Develop agreement with Oregon State Parks, Lake Oswego for signing of the Hillsdale to Lake Oswego Trail.
- Oregon Zoo freeway off-ramp, ODOT to install a new rapid flashing beacon for highway 26 exit from the freeway, install zebra striping, and also zebra striping on 2nd off ramp crossing. (Some of these improvements are in process)
- ODOT Zebra crossing of on ramp on south side of highway 26. (In Process)
- ODOT to remove old slide blocking shoulder along eastbound on ramp. (May be in process)
- Extended shoulder with no parking on east side of Dosch from Patton to Bridlemile Lane (this will also be a climbing bicycle lane)Zebra crossing with Beacon at Bridlemile Lane.
- Zebra crossing of SW Hamilton at SW 36th
- Sidewalk from SW 36 to SW Hamilton Ct.
- Extended shoulder from SW 45th from BH Hwy N to SW Julia
- Build new steps south from SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy to Fairvale Court.
- New zebra crossing installed at crossing of Vermont at SW Idaho. (Promised as part of neighborhood greenway)
- Move sign at SW Barbur and SW Capitol Hwy SE corner
- Pave trail on SW 49th from SW Comus to SW Pomona
- Sidewalk on SW Pomona from SW 49th to SW 51st
Red Electric Trail: (AKA Trail 2)
- Zebra crossing of SW Corbett at SW Seymour
- New paved ped bike facility from the existing end of Slavin Road to Barbur at south end of Newbury structure.
- New bridge across Iowa Street Gully beside existing Newbury Structure
- New bike & pedestrian trail under south end of Newbury Barbur bridge abutment up to Parkhill Drive and to Barbur southbound.
- Pedestrian connection to existing pedestrian trail in Himes Park.
- New trail along the old Red Electric rail alignment from SW 33rd and SW Bertha to Olsen Road.
- The connection between SW 33rd and the city limits at Alpenrose will require several land parcels to be acquired.
- End of list…..