SWTrails sponsors two monthly walks through areas of southwest Portland. It’s a great way to get some exercise, enjoy the sights, and meet your neighbors.
SWTrails Resumes its Monthly Walks
Welcome back, walkers, to our first group hikes since the pandemic began. We are excited to see you all.
Our longer hikes are on the second Saturday of the month. They start at 9:00am and try to be finished by about noon. Our shorter, less-hilly Stroll & Coffee walks are on the third Saturday of the month, starting at 9:00 am and ending with a coffee break for those that are interested. In order to offer a wider range of hikes, our meeting place may vary each month. Please check the starting location noted on our emails.
For the Google map click here
Please be aware that COVID safety protocols are in effect in compliance with State guidelines. Plan on arriving a little early to sign in so that we can leave promptly at 9am. Bring a snack, water, good footwear, sunglasses and dress for the weather. Kids and well-behaved dogs on leash are welcome. For health reasons, there is no smoking on SWTrails walks. For more information or to volunteer to lead a future walk in your neighborhood, contact us at email@example.com. Our hikes are co-sponsored by SWTrails PDX and Hillsdale Neighborhood Association.
To see a schedule of our upcoming group walks, visit our Events Calendar.
Don’t forget about our Self-Led Hikes we developed during the COVID restrictions to offer the community some walking opportunities when we couldn’t meet to walk together. You have over 30 hikes with a range of difficuly to choose from, with both a written description of the hike and an interactive map to guide you on your way.
Click here for information on our Self-Led Hikes.
Use the form below to contact us with your questions about our walks.
To report any problems with the trails, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find other groups leading walks through Portland here.
Reports on Previous Hikes
- January 2014 walk – Snow
- April 2014 walk – owl in Tryon Creek Park
- May 2014 walk – slug on a poem in the forest
- September 2014 Walk – Esplanade
- October 2014 walk – Iowa Street trail through Himes Park reopens
- November 2014 walk – Little Free Libraries
- December 2014 walk – 10-11-12-13-14
- January 2015 walk – Poem that reads from bottom to top
- February 2015 walk – Valentine’s Day
- March 2015 walk – Pi Day — 3.145926 on 3.14.15 9:26am
- June 2015 – cactus and Riverview Natual Area
- July 2015 – Terwilliger and South River Front
- August 2015 Multnomah Days Parade
- October 2015 Free Moles and stone bears
- November 2015 Treehouses
- February 2016 Totem pole and Marquam Nature Park
- April 2016 Unusual sights along walk route
- May 2016 Climbing stairs to Portland Heights
- July 2016 Crossing Tilikum and Selwood Bridges
- August 2016 Hot
- November 2016 Bridlemile School through Raleigh Hill
- December 2016 Ice Storm cancels hike
- February 2017 Cat and mouse
- April 2017 Tryon Creek Park
- August 2017 Tryon Creek Observatory
- September 2017 Fall colors
- January 2018 Fantasy figures
- February 2018 Veterans and Bridges