Maps help you to explore an area, but they also provide a way to explore data that can tell a story.
Geographic Information System (GIS) combines geographic characteristics with data to map, analyze, display, and produce quality maps. SWTrails PDX uses GIS technology to map established routes and support our efforts on improving existing trails. A recent Blog post explains the development and growth of our GIS Program.
Useful Mapping Links:
- Map Gallery (ArcGIS Online Site)
- Walking Maps (City of Portland Site)
- Sign Inventory Dashboard (2022)
- Updates to city of Portland Walking Maps (2022)
- Proposed Route Changes (2019)
- Sunset Highway Landslide
Questions/comments about maps of trails in SW Portland? Contact Brian Brady, GIS Manager