Maps help you to explore an area, but they also provide a way to explore data that can tell a story.
Geographic Information System (GIS) combines geographic characteristics with data to map, analyze, display, and produce quality maps. SWTrails PDX uses GIS technology to map established routes and support our efforts on improving existing trails. A recent Blog post exlains the development and growth of our GIS Program.
Useful Mapping Links:
- Map Gallery (ArcGIS Online Site)
- Instructions on Installing a mobile application for maps of SWTrails Routes
- Walking Maps (City of Portland Site)
- (Spring, 2020) Temporary Route Change on SW Trail #4
- Proposed Route Changes (2019)
- Sunset Highway Landslide
“You can’t use an old map to explore a new world”
– Albert Einstein
Questions/comments about maps of trails in SW Portland? Contact Brian Brady, GIS Manager