Portland is to be served by a network of safe places for residents and visitors to walk, bike and use mobility devices.
Bring community together to plan, facilitate improvement, use, and maintain a system of trails, sidewalks, and safe streets for Portland residents.
- Promote walker safety
- Protect the environment
- Respect community needs and property rights
- Support healthy exercise
- Community involvement produces a better city
- Provide safe places for residents and visitors to walk for recreation, school, interaction, and work
- Organize opportunities for hikes
- Manage community involvement in constructing and maintaining trails using evidence-tested practices
- Promote a healthy respect for public trails throughout the Portland Metro area
SW Trails in five easy words: Connectivity, safety, enjoyment, health, environment