SW Trails regular monthly first Thursday Work Party for July 7th will be on the 4T trail (Marquam trail) where it heads up from Highway 26 Zoo exit towards Patton Street. As always we will be guided by Parks Lands Stewardship folks. We will be doing tread work, maybe a switchback rebuild and brushing. Quite an extensive amount of work to be done and all the volunteers we can get are welcome. We are meeting for this work party in front of the Children’s Museum at the Zoo parking lot, Parks will provide day use parking passes for use in the lot across the street.
Attire should be sturdy shoes and work cloths. Parks will provide water, tools, snacks, gloves and task training. Looking forward to seeing you at this work party, the 4T is a premier Portland trail and getting it in shape for the large number of summer visitors is worth the effort.
Any questions contact
August 4th Work Party
- Project: Tread reconstruction, brushing/pruning; step replacement and/or switchback rerouting.
- Trail: 4T/Marquam Trail between Hwy 26 and SW Patton
- Meeting location: In front of the Children’s Museum. PP&R will provide volunteer parking passes for vehicles parked in Washington Park/Zoo parking lot. Readily accessible via TriMet. We will gather at the Children’s Museum and walk to the trailhead as a group.
September 1st Work Party
- Project: Reroute construction
- Trail: Gabriel Park, SWT #3
- Meeting location: Community Garden parking lot, off SW Canby St.