Plan for street vacations

The same team working on the Comprehensive Plan and the Transportation System Plan are going to address how street vacations are handled, and hopefully provide strong guidance to PBOTon how encroachments and deliberate blockage of unbuilt rights of way are handled. Currently PBOT can issue an encroachment permit with no public process or comment, no appeal procedure which gives the land owner requesting the encroachment permit the right to fence off a portion of the right of way and not pay any fees for requesting the permit, nor have to pay taxes for an sudo street vacation. Stay tuned, your testimony probably will be needed to make sure these issues are addressed.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.