You may remember back in November, we issued a survey to our hike participants to gather information on how to best serve our community through our group led hikes. 107 members of our community took the survey. Board members met to discuss the survey responses and identified six primary takeaways:
- Seek to gain more diversity (age and ethnicity) among SWT hike participants.
- Starting place may vary, expanding the options to explore more of the parks and areas in southwest Portland
- Explore adding a third hike (4 to 5 mi)
- Develop more self-led hikes (popular and in demand)
- Data supports our current distance configuration of 5 to 7 miles at a pace of 2.5 mph for the hikes and 2 to 4 miles at a pace of 2 mph for the walks.
- Accentuate “Explore” and “Exercise” as key components of our hikes.
A full report can be found here: Hike Protocol Survey Report