This spring, the Oregon Department of Transportation will begin maintenance on the SW Terwilliger Boulevard and SW Bertha Boulevard on-ramps to I-5 north. They are improving the weight capacity of the bridges by reinforcing beam connections. This work will cause traffic, and trail impacts in the area. The map below shows the trail detour route during construction. An interactive map of the detour route can be found here.
SW Trail 4 Detour Route (follow temporary detour signs during construction):
Westbound Trail Users:
- Turn right at SW Custer Street onto SW Briar Place.
- Turn left on SW Miles Street and follow trail detour signs to SW Barbur Boulevard.
- Turn left on SW Terwilliger Boulevard to reconnect to the trail.
Eastbound Trail Users:
- Take stairs to access SW Terwilliger Boulevard at SW Candy Street/SW 4th Avenue.
- Continue on SW Terwilliger Boulevard to SW Barbur Boulevard.
- Turn right on SW Barbur Boulevard and follow trail detour sings to SW Miles Street and SW Briar Place.
The closure is expected to last into the summer of 2020, but is subject to change based on weather or unexpected site conditions.
View the whole press release here